Misc Games AS
Based in Stavanger, Norway
7th, February 2018
Fishing: Barents Sea is a game/simulator about commercial fishing and available for PC/Steam/PS4/XB1/Nintendo Switch! Experience life as a fishboat captain, starting out with a small boat inherited from your grandfather, earn money doing fishing with longline, net or trawl, buy upgrades, bigger and better fishing boats like trawlers + alot more. Make your grandfather proud!
We started developing this game in Gamemaker in June 2013, then we transfered the 2D prototype over to Unreal Engine 4 in May 2015. Our game was released 7th of February 2018 on PC, while 13th December 2019 it was also released on Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Explore - Discover a huge open world map over northern Norway, visit real ports and locations. Uncover various fishing locations and secrets.
- Handcrafted - 14 entirely handcrafted and authentic fishing boats to drive and explore.
- Atmosphere - Experience the majestic and untouched nature around northernmost town Hammerfest and gateway to Barents Sea, with midnight sun at summer, cold and dark winters with northern lights.
- Commercial - Fishing Learn about commercial/industrial fishing, using various fishing methods like long-line, net and trawl.
- Customization - Buy new parts, rig your boat for net fishing, upgrade engine and storage space on your boat.
- Adventure - Start with the smallest fishing boat inherited from your grandfather, go fishing, earn money and build yourself up to buy a big trawler. Make your grandfather proud!
Logo & Icon
- "A northern Norwegian fishing adventure"
- Martin Bergersen, Visit Norway.no
- "Become a fisherman in northern Norway"
- Inga Ragnhild Holst, SAS Traveler.no
- "Players need to care for the habitats"
- Bengt Lemne, GameReactor.eu
Check out the website for Fishing: Barents Sea for more detailed information http:.
Also follow Fishing: Barents Sea on Facebook https:.
About Misc Games AS
Misc Games is a game developer based in Stavanger, Norway. We aims at developing unique games for various niche markets to drive the industry forward.
More information on Misc Games AS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fishing: Barents Sea Credits
Idea, concept, game design and level design
VFX & Sounds
PR and Press